The UKOSF Technical Official course is the first level of certification for existing race marshals who have worked on obstacle course races and ninja competitions. It’s designed by World Obstacle, the Fédération Internationale de Sports d’Obstacles (FISO), the international governing body for obstacle sports and related events.
The course aim is to prepare existing race marshals to work as Technical Officials (TO), then to work as future National Technical Officials (NTO) at national and regional events, and optionally as International Technical Officials (ITO) at international championships and competitions.
The course will cover the following:
- Roles of Technical Officials
- Competition rules and race categories
- Materials and equipment
- Ethics and conduct
- Health and safety
- Communication skills
- Officiating practice and assessment
The Technical Official development framework aligns to the wider development framework for OCR and ninja sport coaches.
- Sept 2nd, 2021 Option 1: Zoom Class (19:00 – 21:00)
The current cost of the certification is £10 to cover administration costs and hi-viz top for certified officials. You must be a UKOSF member to attend.
How to book
- How do I qualify as an existing marshal?
- You should provide evidence of previous marshalling experience at 3 OCR races and/or ninja competitions. If you do not meet this prerequisite please contact UKOSF for next steps.