Obstacle course RACING is back.
UKOSF has worked with a number of obstacle training facilities to offer a series of competitive short course time trials across the country. You will race against the clock to appear on a national leaderboard for each location broken down by gender and individual age groups. The winners will be immortalised on our website at the end of August as the best short course obstacle specialists in the country. What better way to support training facilities around the UK.
Each course will be individually designed by the training facility, operating under the following UKOSF guidelines.
- Every location will have at least 10 obstacles (and probably a lot more) and be between 100m and 3K in length.
- Courses will be available to run on selected days between Friday, June 19th and Sunday, September 20th 2020. Contact the training venue for more details.
- The obstacle list and course for each location will be published ahead of time, and will not change.
- Each obstacle will have clear rules documented by the venue and available to read before you race.
- Training facilities will either have penalties for obstacle failures or operate the World OCR 3 band penalty system.
- Course times will be recorded by a marshal (i.e. not self-timed).
- Adaptations can also be made for any para athletes who would like to take part.
To take part you simply need to contact the location you would like to race at and register with them. You will need your UKOSF membership number so we can add you to the national leaderboards. Your age group will be based on your date of birth on June 19th, 2020. If you are not a UKOSF member, it’s quick and easy to sign up, and you can register for free if you are a key worker or have been impacted by the coronavirus. Visit our membership page for more details.
You can take part in the competition at one of the following locations:
- TT OPEN – Ape Index (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – Body Hub Obstacle Centre (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – Camelot Events / Nuts Challenge (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – Field Fit (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – Fit Body Farm Freestylers (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – HC:Fit NinjaTraining (Rules & obstacle list)
- Mad Mike’s West Country Assault Course
- Ninja Warrior UK Adventure Edinburgh
- TT OPEN – Obstacle Play Park (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – OCR Class (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – RAW FIT’s Lions Den (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – Rumble Fitness (Rules & obstacle list)
- The Playground
- TT OPEN – The P.T. Barn (Rules & obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – Scottish Assault Courses (Aberdeenshire) (Rules and obstacle list)
- TT OPEN – Scottish Assault Courses (Ayrshire) (Rules and obstacle list)
- Team Freestyle OCR Facility
If you have an obstacle training facility and would like to run a short course in our competition please get in touch with the UKOSF.
- Athletes must act with integrity on the course and follow the outlined rules and penalties detailed by each training location.
- Athlete age will be based on their date of birth on June 19th, 2020.
- Athletes can run the course more than once (additional costs may apply), only their fastest time will count.
- An athlete can not record their own time.
- All athletes must be UKOSF members to be included on the national leaderboards.
- Results will be broken down into gender and division (Under 9’s, 9-12, 13-17, Senior (18-39) and Masters (40+) with an overall location leaderboard as well. Note each training facility will have it’s own rules on how old a racer needs to be to be able to take part.